Axle Gear Ratio's

So i have a friend thats big in the drag racing world out here & he turned me onto a used parts supplier so i could order my Ford 8.8 & a Dana 30 (4wd conversion) for Old Drippy. I had requested 4.10L on the 8.8 which he found easily & he said he also found a Dana 30 with 4.10's as well.

My question is: Did Jeep offer the D30's with 4.10 gearing or is this some kind of mistake? I'm thinking it was in the 4 cylinder trucks but not sure.

BTW,

I won't get to see them until Wednesday & i don't have to pay for them if it's not what I'm looking for...

Thanks for the input.

~Dave

yep, 4 banger xj or tj would be your front donor, and the 97 8.8 is a good choice also, you can also get them with factory limited slip fairly easy also.

Yes, Dana 30s came with 4.10 gearing. Any 2.5 with a 5 speed should have 4.10 gearing.

Emphasis on should. Always double check.

Dana 30s, IIRC, can take gears up to 4.88.

The 4.10L is is what i ordered which is the limited slip version IIRC, but i'll find out quickly enough when I see it.

Thanks for the input guys. Geonovast somehow i knew you would post on this one...

~Dave

Yes, Dana 30s came with 4.10 gearing. Any 2.5 with a 5 speed should have 4.10 gearing.

Emphasis on should. Always double check.

Dana 30s, IIRC, can take gears up to 4.88.

Yup, and believe it or not, I have a D30 with FACTORY 4.56 gears in it. Apparently there were a few 4 cylinder automatic XJ's built in 1987 that got 4.56's stock, and I grabbed one from the junkyard! :D