• Exhaust System
    • Revolving Shackles
    • More Lights
    • Bed Trimming/Armor
    • Front Rock Bumper
    • Rear Rock Bumper
    • Hood Vents
    • Recovery Gear

Hey everyone. Being new to posting but not to reading around the forum I finally figured id show you guys my rig. This is my 89 Jeep Comanche 4x4 Pioneer 4.0l shortbed that i picked up in April 2009 completely stock from an old farmer up the road who used it as his daily. I bought with all intentions turning it into a project/toy.

Quick Overview

Front:

Dana 30 w/ 4.56 gears & skid plate

2 Rubicon Ex-Duty Mono Tubes

5.5" Coils, Track Bar, Control Arms

& Drop brackets

Rear:

Dana 44 w/ 4.56 gears & skid plate

2 Rubicon Ex-Duty Mono Tubes

5.5in leaf over conversion

Before & After

The project....

Here are some pictures of her the week of purchasing.

When i bought the truck owner claimed no rot (or atleast nothing all the way throught). Being in experianced at the time I didn't check under the carpet. So this is what I found when I got home.

First Rust repair 101.

Was able to clean and restore pass side but driver side had to be cut and resheet metaled.

Eventually floor will be bedlined but ran out of good weather last year before this was acomplished.

Around September 09 I finally did my Spring over conversion in the rear. While doing this I also swapped out the stock axles with a 4.56 geared d30 and 4.56 geared d44 for the rear. The front has a LockRite and Rear is welded.

Haha gatta love the stance :shake: Put two Rubicon Exspress XD mono tubes in rear as well.

I was able to pick up a cheep garage before winter then around January I was having overheating problems. Knowing how rough Jeeps expecially those being wheeled or rock crawling have with their cooling I decided to do a complete overhall. Replace thermostate, waterpump, all lines/hoses, radiator, and installed 3 yes THREE electric fans.

Finally got parts to do front end in during late January and got right to it.

Working in the garage instead of out in the cold thanks to my buddy Andy.

Had to cut plenty of room for them nice 36x12.50 Tsl's

Rubicon adj upper and lower control arms, drop brackets

5.5" Rubicon Springs, XD Mono tubes to match the back

What a change.

Barely fits in her home.

Built Not Bought

Yea rear will be cut before summer. I'm planning on trimming them a little less than the front but close. Also be doing rust repair and adding body armer for those trees and rocks around the same time. Id lose half the truck bed if I tried to tuck them now haha.

They were a bit pricy but for a rock crawler or any offroad jeep the last thing you want is overheating. Very strong and come with toggle switch and thermostate so they aren't running off the batterie 24/7. Friends think they are overkill but then again better having a product thats overkill is better than one that fails all the time when your out on a trail or during a huge climb. They offer a cheeper kits as well as kits for other vehicles. Hope this helps :dunno:

here's the link for the one I bought. Its called like "triple threat" from FFDynamics

http://www.ffdynamics.com/extremecherokeeB.html

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

could you give me a little more info on the rockers and how u fixed them I'm extremly interested cause my comanche here in ohio with alot of winter driver my rockers look exactly like yours and i want to clean them up n your look perfect for style and goin wheelin like i do!...did you weld them to the body or any other brackets for support???

• 2 weeks later...