Reverse lights always on

Hey guys. So the police officer last night informed me that my reverse lights were on while i was driving and that it was a $200 fine. Its a good thing i was able to get out of it, but how do i fix that before i get pulled over again? I'm guessing it might have something to do with my tranny/ t-case? I have the ax-15/ np231 combo.

There's a switch on the side of the transmission that controls the reverse lights. Chances are pretty good it's stuck on. Quick fix is to simply unplug the connector until you can either get a new switch/unstick yours. Your reverse lights won't work, but at least you won't get pulled over.

It'll be the only plug on your transmission, so it shouldn't be too hard to find.

2X's on the tranny switch ;)

Or......you could pull the fuse for the lights :brows: Until you get the switch replaced.

Would be #13 fuse (Trans), a 7.5 amp fuse.

:eek: $200 fine.......... :shake:

Did you convince him you were driving in reverse :D

alright thanks guys. i ended up taking the light bulb out for now. ill check out that switch tomorrow. hahaha. you know i should have tried to lol, but those damn m.p.'s are pretty strict. i don't think it wouldve worked. i had him laughing when i said i didnt think i was an escaped convict tho lol.