BA-10 to AW4

What is needed to rip out this gem of a transmission (BA-10) to install a Cherokee's AW4 automatic transmission? The local boneyard sells AW4s for $125 with torque convertor, flex plate, all the goodies and ready to go. But what about dipsticks? Engine control computer? coolant lines?! Help me out!

What is needed to rip out this gem of a transmission (BA-10) to install a Cherokee's AW4 automatic transmission? The local boneyard sells AW4s for $125 with torque convertor, flex plate, all the goodies and ready to go. But what about dipsticks? Engine control computer? coolant lines?! Help me out!

trans, torque converter, bellhousing, flexplate, trans wiring harness, engine bay harness, engine computer, transmission computer, automatic TPS. tranny mounts, brake pedal assembly.

I think that's about it. the ECU, engine harness, TCU, flexplate, and torque converter all need to be specific to either high output or renix, depending on the vehicle they're going in.

trans, torque converter, bellhousing, flexplate, trans wiring harness, engine bay harness, engine computer, transmission computer, automatic TPS. tranny mounts, brake pedal assembly.

I think that's about it. the ECU, engine harness, TCU, flexplate, and torque converter all need to be specific to either high output or renix, depending on the vehicle they're going in.

Unless you are swapping in a later transmission (I think the change was in '97 - in which case it will be a lot more than just a transmission swap) the ECU does NOT need to be changed. The ECU and TCU are completely separate and not specific to the transmission. There is no communication between the ECU and TCU.

Willy

There are some minor differences in the throttle bodies. The manual one is missing the peg that the kickdown cable connects to. Plus the spring is different (or was on my examples), a set of bracket holes are untapped, and the idle stop screw may not be set the same. Quicker to get the automatic tbody if possible.