want a lift for my mj or can i fit 31in tires stock

You can fit 31" tires stock , as long as you stay with stock wheels and offset .

a small lift will only help a little with tire rub , most of that is wheel offset and tire width .

A basic puck style 2"-3" lifts are cheap though . :thumbsup:

Yup, 31's on stock Jeep wheels should clear the fenders, with no rubbing. Only rubbing you'll have is against the lower control arms. That's easily fixed by replacing the stock lower control arms with ones from a Grand Cherokee (WJ). I got a pair of new WJ LCAs off eBay for $75 plus shipping, and paid $100 for a 4wd shop to install them. Also, the WJ LCAs are fully boxed, so this upgrade is definitely worth the investment.

This pic shows the slight "S" bend in the WJ LCAs, which allows 31's to not rub at full lock (this pic was taken with 31's on Jeep alloys at full lock)

This pic shows what 31's on stock alloys at stock ride height looks like. Tires are Firestone Destination AT's.

will any wj control arms work cuz i have a junk yard need by with about 30 jeeps and they give me parts for whatever i want to pay and the coil spring off a zj are different in the front my 5.2l zj has 31" tires stock with no rubbing but the coil springs are different unlwss your talking about the ones in the rear

will any wj control arms work cuz i have a junk yard need by with about 30 jeeps and they give me parts for whatever i want to pay and the coil spring off a zj are different in the front my 5.2l zj has 31" tires stock with no rubbing but the coil springs are different unlwss your talking about the ones in the rear

The WJ lower control arms I used came from '99-'04 models...

Try to find newer model WJ control arms and XJ upcountry springs are the same as ZJ V8 springs .

You can also just use an add a leaf in the rear springs to get lift . You'll still need lift shocks though .