Heater Vacuum Lines & Spare tire carrier

I have a couple of questions...

Just finishing my '89 MJ project with a SBC, 700R4, etc. There are two vacuum lines coming out of the firewall. I know one goes to the engine (at least it did on the I6) and the other goes to the resevoir in the front bumper. Can anybody tell me, since I have a different front bumper with no resevoir, which one I will hook to vacuum from the SBC? What do I do with the other one? Can I leave it unhooked? How much vacuum does it need?

Any good photos or links of spare tire carriers (35") for MJ beds?

Thanks a bunch!

The black one goes to the vacuum tank. the purple (or white) goes to the heater control valve.

You can close off the heater control valve one if you have removed this valve and went with striaght lines. The black one should be joined to the vacuum coming from the manifold.

You really don't need the tank unless you are either (1) running A/C (2) have cruise control (3) and/or like to hear hissing and the air doors opening and closing at odd times.

You really don't need the tank unless you are either (1) running A/C (2) have cruise control (3) and/or like to hear hissing and the air doors opening and closing at odd times.

Or if you like heat on your feet when going uphill ...