Franken-Jeep

I'm looking at a couple of other Jeeps for donors to my 88 MJ...a couple questions.

#1 donor - 88 MJ with a munched front right, not real bad, needs hood, fender, header panel, lights. the rest of the body is straight, nice and clean as is the interior. 4.0L, Column shift (which trans is that), 2 wheel drive, D35 (did not check the gearing). $300

#2 donor - 90 XJ, 4.0L, AX15, 8.25"/D30 w/4.10's, NP231. The body and interior are toast (dents, rips, stinks, redneck electrics)

The patient - 88 MJ 4.0L, BA-10, D44/D30 w/3.07's, marginal electrics (fuse box is iffy). $450, no rust, but needs paint, interior is naked, stripped, wires hanging from the PO.

What I want is MY MJ with the better trans and gearing and an extra 4.0 laying around to possibly stroke down the road, but I'm also concerned with body work, paint, and the %^#$$% wiring.

I await guidance. :bowdown: I can't afford to buy BOTH Jeeps (not including the divorce that would surely follow)

Buy both of them ! Use the drivetrain and axles from the 90" and the interior , panels from the better of the two .

Or wait till a newer model XJ comes around thats all good . Thats what I'm patiently waiting for , one day when I have the money . :banana:

drivetrain means more to me than interior (that's what junkyards are for) and if the XJ really truly has 4.10 gears and the drivetrain is in good shape, I'd snatch it up and piece together an interior later on.

drivetrain means more to me than interior (that's what junkyards are for) and if the XJ really truly has 4.10 gears and the drivetrain is in good shape, I'd snatch it up and piece together an interior later on.

Makes more sense to me too, thanks!!