No Crank, No Start 1987 Comanche 4.0

I have a 1987 jeep Comanche, 4.0, 5 speed 4x4, absolutely base model. I recently replaced both the starter and the battery, and then it just didn't start one day. After I had already driven it that day.

At first I thought that it was a weird issue with the wiring for the amplifier I had put in that day, but after I removed all that, it still didn't start. All my lights work, and my over cab lights work, those get are connected to the fuseblock via the open space labeled IGN. My voltmeter in the truck reads at the halfway mark between "9" and "14" (newer style gauge) when I try to start it. And yea, that's about it. I don't even know where to start with diagnosing it. Could someone please help?

I have a 1987 jeep Comanche, 4.0, 5 speed 4x4, absolutely base model. I recently replaced both the starter and the battery, and then it just didn't start one day. After I had already driven it that day.

At first I thought that it was a weird issue with the wiring for the amplifier I had put in that day, but after I removed all that, it still didn't start. All my lights work, and my over cab lights work, those get are connected to the fuseblock via the open space labeled IGN. My voltmeter in the truck reads at the halfway mark between "9" and "14" (newer style gauge) when I try to start it. And yea, that's about it. I don't even know where to start with diagnosing it. Could someone please help?

does it turn over and not start, or just not turn over altogether?

Sorry, I forgot to mention, it doesn't crank.

did you wire the amp supply wire to your starter relay(little box where all the power wires go to...the thin + wire from the battery goes to it)?

you probably just arc'd the starter relay and fried it. cheap part, and it controls ignition power to the starter solenoid.