WTB: 1987 engine bay harness / ECM

Akula69

so long as you stay Renix, you don't need to keep the C101. I'm running an 89 harness (C101 eliminated) and it works just fine.....

and XJ/MJ engine-side harnesses are the same, so don't limit your search to just an MJ harness. It's the in-cab harness that's a bit different between the two.

Jeff

so long as you stay Renix, you don't need to keep the C101. I'm running an 89 harness (C101 eliminated) and it works just fine.....

and XJ/MJ engine-side harnesses are the same, so don't limit your search to just an MJ harness. It's the in-cab harness that's a bit different between the two.

Jeff

Yeah, My son's is an 89 and I recently replaced the harness in it...but...what about the other half of the C101, and the hole in the firewall? Did you replace the engine bay and the interior harness at the same time?

Thanks

Jake

i have a parts XJ here at the house .

The C101 connector was a short lived mistake that AMC did on the 86-87 year trucks. It is a two part connector that plugs in at the top right of the firewall (near the master cylinder). It was officially called the 'Engine Harness Disconnect'.

What year is your parts XJ? if it's an 89 we could probably make some business 8)

both harnesses (the C101 version and the not-) go thru the same hole in the firewall. The only thing not being used now on mine is the little bracket that the C101 used to be attached to. Basically, the C101 is just a big connector that makes that single part of the harness two pieces instead of one.

I kept my 87 (2.5) interior harness intact, and just plugged the 89 engine harness into the bulkhead.

Jeff

Gotcha. Thanks!

Now I need a RENIX engine bay harness preferably an 89 but can use 86-89.

I have one from an 89 :cheers:

Don't think I'll need it now that I have my bugs worked out. One small issue with it...the main red wire for the headlight harness has corroded off the connector. If you are electrically inclined, you should be able to fix it. Shoot me a PM and we can discuss it.