comanche tires

31's will fit. they rub if you turn sharp and might if you flex a bit but that is really it. although they do come close to the flare in the front also. i have about 29's on my 86 4x4. i am not sure what the metric size is on them though. they fit in there really well, don't rub or anything and they look good too.

Image Not Found

Alex

When I had my 87 4.0 5 speed 4wd MJ in what I called "street mode" I had some 255/70/R15's on it with some dual bolt pattern Corvette ralleys. It looked pretty sweet I think, I'll have to find some pics of it. When I cut the fenders and made it my wheeler I had a set of 32" Sidewinders on it. They rubbed sometimes, but I didn't care. 8)

31x10.50/15s will fit on stock Jeep rims, but they won't play nice with your front flares on aftermarket rims. I think 3x9.50/15 is a better overall choice, especially if you don't want to get into regearing. Even with 30x9.50s there will be some slight rubbing against the lower control arms when the steering is cranked over to full lock. Aftermarket rims with less backspacing cures that, but at the expense of eating your flares. I run 30x9.50s on OEM Jeep alloys.

31x10.50/15s will fit on stock Jeep rims, but they won't play nice with your front flares on aftermarket rims. I think 3x9.50/15 is a better overall choice, especially if you don't want to get into regearing. Even with 30x9.50s there will be some slight rubbing against the lower control arms when the steering is cranked over to full lock. Aftermarket rims with less backspacing cures that, but at the expense of eating your flares. I run 30x9.50s on OEM Jeep alloys.

Here is mine, when it was STOCK on 30x9.5x15 BFG's!! the best choice I feel...

CW

Right now i have 33's on the back of a stock comanche (2wd springs) :D it clears, barely.. but i don't have fender flares either. I'm putting a rustys add-a-leaf in the back soon though. i have 180# 3" rustys coils in the front. it don't like the 33's so I'm going to put in a 1" spacer and trim the back of the fender jamminz.gif

Ok, I finally found a couple pics of my old MJ. Here it is in what I called "street mode" with the 255/70/R15's on dual bolt pattern Corvette ralleys. ecf8347f.jpg

Here it is in what I called "off road mode" with 32" Sidewinders ands no lift. ecf834a5.jpg

Yes that's me in the pic as well, trying to fix the front end that's trying to roll out from under it due to the UCA's giving way due to too much air time. That's another story. It's kinda scary when you're almost 3 hours from home and have to fix it to drive it back. 8)