did the xjs come with a carb 4 cyllender?

freakjeep93

i know whats goin in my jeep oh and it SOA too, only problem is that its has a bunch of holes in the cover so there hasnt been any oil in it for like 5 years. but it should still be fine.

Jack her up and turn the wheels. ;)

and the axel is already out and the breaks are seized

I'm gunna . does it say on the ring gear or do i count the teeth or sompthin

doesn't matter if it's SOA. the XJ perches are in the wrong spot for an MJ. I'd be very leery about purchasing it.
ive already got the axel and i was just gonna mover the perches over to the right spot. how far over do i move them ?

Its says the gear ratio in a set of numbers on the ring, or the shaft of the pinion. It will be the number of teeth on each... For example, the gearset I have been staring at lately is a 3.73 in my ZJ... On the ring gear, it has 41 11 next to each other, a little set off from the part number... 41 teeth on the ring, 11 on the pinion. Divide 41 by 11, and you get 3.727, which is rounded up to 3.73.

Rob L.

Its says the gear ratio in a set of numbers on the ring, or the shaft of the pinion. It will be the number of teeth on each... For example, the gearset I have been staring at lately is a 3.73 in my ZJ... On the ring gear, it has 41 11 next to each other, a little set off from the part number... 41 teeth on the ring, 11 on the pinion. Divide 41 by 11, and you get 3.727, which is rounded up to 3.73.

Rob L.

okay thanks alot man

Divide the ring gear teeth by the pinion teeth, if I remember correctly?

For example....41 ring gear/ 10 pinion = 4.10's?

Someone correct me if I am wrong here. :huh???: :dunce:

Edit: The man in the black hat with the fastest draw wins. :D