hi RPMs

4play

I think you know the problem

The VIN is 1JTHR65T0HT053241

4 H Engine 2,5 litres, I-4, central injection

you stated you have a 6cy in the truck now...4cy tach?

i was starting to wonder if anyone would notice that. now if that is the real problem or not it is hard to tell without being around the truck to see what else it might be i think.

Alex

I think you know the problem

The VIN is 1JTHR65T0HT053241

4 H Engine 2,5 litres, I-4, central injection

you stated you have a 6cy in the truck now...4cy tach?

i was starting to wonder if anyone would notice that. now if that is the real problem or not it is hard to tell without being around the truck to see what else it might be i think.

Alex

Well, at least I read the symptoms correctly. So what if it was the engine that was swapped rather than the tach?

By the way -- the '88 tach is adjustable. Take out the gauge cluster and look at the back of the tach. You should see a potentiometer. In rough terms, all the way to one side is the 4-cyl setting and all the way to the other side is for 6-cylinders. If you have access to a good idle tach or a professional scanner machine you can fine tune it, but just turning the pot to the opposite end of the range from where it is now will put you in the ball park.

I don't know if your '87 tach is the later style, like the '88 and adjustable, or the early style (like the '86) and non-adjustable. You'll have to look at the back of it to see if it has a potentiometer.