Jump to content

what is this called ?

Recommended Posts

I just replaced the valve cover gasket in my Comanche...2.5L. Sticking out of the top near the front is the pcv valve....what do you call the "valve" sticking out near the rear of the cover??? I want to be armed with knowledge when I see the idiot at the parts store :doh:

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2.5L may be different from the 4.0L,

but the 4.0L doesn't actually have a PCV valve.


4.0L's use an orifice sized accordingly to allow a specific amount of air to pass.

(CCV orifice IIRC).


IIRC, the CCV orifice is at the rear of the valve cover, and connected directly to a vacuum port,

and the front of the valve cover is a simple hose connection, that goes to the airfilter, to allow filtered air to enter the crankcase.


Not sure if that is helpful for a 2.5L tho.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Create New...