Part number search

I am trying to find the correct part number for the vaccum harness that runs from the control on the dash to the HVAC box (behind the dash) and out into the engine bay (heater core valve and vaccum tank).

I have several of the HVAC units, and have begun rebuilding / re-insulating the best of the bunch for the Christmas Jeep.

On each unit there are a series of vaccum lines that has a tag attached which says: 'BMC' in two places (I believe that is the manufacturer) and '8956001-771' (which I believed was the part number) and, in a different type set '8257' (which I believe is the sequencial part identification number). All three tags I have found are identical except for the third number, which is different on each. This tag is usually found inside the wire loom that covers the vaccum lines just behind the connector which attaches to the controls.

If someone with better reference manuals then I could look up this part number I'd be greatful.

Thanks

Jake

Keep your eye on Ebay Jake. Lots of sellers have bought up NOS stuff from dealerships that have gone belly-up and are listing it piecemeal as they sort through it (have done it myself). These parts usually go fairly cheap in most cases and I've picked up a crap load of stuff in the last couple of years. I saw one of these vacuum harnesses on Ebay recently but didn't buy it though as they are not a "high failure" rated part.

Keep your eye on Ebay Jake. Lots of sellers have bought up NOS stuff from dealerships that have gone belly-up and are listing it piecemeal as they sort through it (have done it myself). These parts usually go fairly cheap in most cases and I've picked up a crap load of stuff in the last couple of years. I saw one of these vacuum harnesses on Ebay recently but didn't buy it though as they are not a "high failure" rated part.

Yeah, I know what you mean about it not being a high failure part. Unfortunately all of mine have lost the purple colored hose that goes to the heater valve, (in fact..both the hoses that go into the engine bay are now white from age and heat!).

Thanks