almost a MJ R.I.P.

Weezel

Had a little incedent on my drive home from work on the MJ's maiden voyage as my daily driver. went something like this.... driving along in the fast lane on the highway when i come into some traffic and i go to hit the brakes only I'm not stopping too quickly so i press a little harder and start to swerve into the shoulder and the @$$ end locks up and the pedal hits the floor. i skidded about 300 feet and my rear bumper hits the concrete barrier between the lanes finally coming to a stop. could have written off a couple of cars and the entire side of my manche. came out of it with a scuffed rear bumer end cap and an exploded front flex line. (oh ya and a pile in my shorts!) limped over to a local parts store and capped the hard brake line with brass fittngs (no new lines in stock) blead the line and topped up the fluid and crawled home on 3 brakes. so i ordered a set of stainless lines all around should be back in business tomorrow nite!

what a day!

W

:Canadaflag:

DAMN! glad you're alright. might wanna invest in a steam cleaner for that seat :brows:

that makes two of us that almost got taken out today!

some woman on the cell phone came around a corner in a parkin lot (with dividers all over the place so i couldnt swerve) straight at me! locked up 2 of em and skidded like 10 ft

i was torqued up more than the pinion nut on a 17yr old jeep!

Glad to hear you and the truck came out alright. That reminds me of a time when I was 16 and still lived in Indy. I was driving a 78 Chevy 3/4 ton 4wd thru downtown on the interstate on a Friday about 5 pm. I wasn't flying, just cruising around 60 or so. I looked ahead and saw traffic in front of me was stopped due to rush hour. I hit the brakes and had none still running 60. I never hit a car, but I scraped a few guard rails and took out a few marker posts. That's one day I'll never forget. :eek: 8)