I think my Rear Main Seal Is almost gone

I check oil once a week, my motor uses in 7 days anywere from a 1/2 to 3/4 of a quart of oil, and it either goes out the pcv valve or back of the engine. I checked oil sunday, filled it, got curious checked it yesterday, a whole quart low, and i had emptyed the bottle from the pcv sunday and there was hardly anything in there. got to walking round the truck noticed my tail gate and bumper had oil spots all over, crawled underneath, and from the back of the cab to the back of engine, covered in oil (dripping), from back of cab to back of truck, has oil spots all over. Checked oil filter its not leaking, so...i guess ill be seeing the local mechanic this weekend.... :wall:

Make sure it's not leaking out the back of the valve cover.

Exactly. I thought my RMS was gone too. Actually was leaking down the back of engine and down the inspection plate and oil pan where drain plug is and blowing back on exhaust and everything else. One new felpro VC gasket and leak is gone.

well i checked it, but... my VC does leak some but not enough for what was covering the underside of the truck. I felt the back of the engine with my hand, and there is dirt and crap back there saturated with oil, but just not enough to convince me thats it. :???: