lift sugestions

hey everybody ive been looking on craigslist for some lifts parts for my 89 MJ and i think ive found what I'm looking for.. I'm not exactly rollin in the dough so this is the best deal ive seen ina while ... just let me know if its a good idea or not and maybe some suggestions..thanks guys here's the stuff --> http://longisland.craigslist.org/pts/1397438792.html :dunce:

MJ rearend is different, the axle is spring over insted of spring under (MJ) the springs are also of different lengths and placed differently, the front end stuff will work on an mj though...

However those are some pretty tall coils, to use them properly you're gonna need some other lift components

MJ rearend is different, the axle is spring over insted of spring under (MJ) the springs are also of different lengths and placed differently, the front end stuff will work on an mj though...

However those are some pretty tall coils, to use them properly you're gonna need some other lift components

I know its not the whole package but at least its affordable and i was just going to go for the coils and maybe get the rest and resell for more mulaaaa ?_?

I know its not the whole package but at least its affordable and i was just going to go for the coils and maybe get the rest and resell for more mulaaaa ?_?

Time out.

I'm a bit slow on the uptake, I realize. Alzheimer's coupled with olde pharte syndrome. But:

Lemme get this straight: You're worried about not having enough money for a lift, so you think you'll SAVE money by buying a kit for the wrong vehicle, that does NOT include anywhere near all the parts that will be necessary to do the lift right on your truck. Excuse my bluntness, but somebody has to be Dutch uncle -- that just does not sound like much of a plan.

And BTW - Don't count on reselling any Rusty's parts for more than you paid for them. Pretty much anybody who has owned a Jeep for more than 15 minutes knows that Rusty's junk is ... well ... junk.

There you go again Eagle.. beating around the bush.... :roll: :roll: :roll: You really should just say what you mean. :yes: :rotf: :brows: :cheers: :shake: :agree: :agree:

The front stuff will work but is sorely incomplete AND quite tall. The rear springs are useless on a MJ. On XJ/MJ Anything over 4" REALLY causes a big jump in total costs. Steering system needs total replacement at this height. Now out back, a spring over with your springs will net you about 5-6" depending on the perches you choose. But you still need rear shocks and brake lines all around, control arms out front. (@ 5+ inches long arms are all but required) Drop brackets at a minimum, just adding control arms weather adj or not will not be enough at this height. You need a track bar, and springs too if you done get the Rusty's junk in the add. :D Then an alignment after its all done.

CW

thanks for the positive post cw...i was going to start my collection of stuff for a lift and some of this is useful..and some not so much..like the rear which i knew about already and I'm in the middle of putting new brake lines in so I'm not ripping those out anytime soon ... pain in the rear working on a hill and a jack :fs1: