any chevy gear heads?

project88mj

hmmm.... what model chevy is it, year, engine etc? anyways, start with the basics...check all the fuses first, including the ones under the hood.. if all of them are good and it's still not getting fuel, turn the key on and listen for the whir of the fuel pump...if you can't hear it, try lightly whapping the tank with a bat, or a stick, etc...

with the key in the off position, turn it to the run or on position, make sure its not the accessories. you should hear some relays click under the dash, every light in the insturment cluster should turn on, abs, srs, oil, coolant, battery, mil ect. if none of that happens, check the ignition fuses. I'm not doubting your wiring, but i have seen the ignition wire chafe and ground out and pop fuses before. if the fuse is good, next check the relay, it should click right when the key is turned on. if it does not then there will be more relays like it on the truck, like the A/C may be the same relay, go ahead and swap it to see if it works, if it does then thats the problem. if the relay is clicking properly then i would say you need an ignition switch.