96' Booster/master question??

I have read through this 3 times , so If I understand right , 95-95 boosters and masters will give you much improved brakes ? Iam getting ready for a full engine / trannie / dash and all wiring swap ( going from 4 to 6 cyl , Std to auto ) so everything is going anyways . The load sensing valve has allready been removed

• 2 weeks later...

just finished this swap this week. We used the prop valve off a 95 XJ (non-ABS) and a 96 master and booster. I ended up buying a new master from the parts store and used the JY booster. We also used the existing line that ran to the rear T and eliminated the T and LSPV, so that its a straight line to the axle. We used SS braided line down to the axle in the rear. I am happy with how it turned out, but have a few concerns/questions. Th brakes are much more predictable and plenty strong now, but the pedal is much softer and i hear a wooshing sound when pushing the brakes. I assume the pedal is softer b/c of the extra mechanical advantage I now have due to the dual diaphragm booster...but is that right? And should I be concerned about hearing that suction/wooshing coming from the booster? It only happens when i push the pedal.

just finished this swap this week. We used the prop valve off a 95 XJ (non-ABS) and a 96 master and booster. I ended up buying a new master from the parts store and used the JY booster. We also used the existing line that ran to the rear T and eliminated the T and LSPV, so that its a straight line to the axle. We used SS braided line down to the axle in the rear. I am happy with how it turned out, but have a few concerns/questions. Th brakes are much more predictable and plenty strong now, but the pedal is much softer and i hear a wooshing sound when pushing the brakes. I assume the pedal is softer b/c of the extra mechanical advantage I now have due to the dual diaphragm booster...but is that right? And should I be concerned about hearing that suction/wooshing coming from the booster? It only happens when i push the pedal.

I did this mod a couple of years ago. The pedal was not softer, same firrmness, just took about 50% less pressure to lock the rears up. Also never had a wooshing sound from the booster. Did you utilize the 1/4" alum spacer between the booster and firewall? It's not only a spacer, it also acts to engage the foam seal behind the booster. Also, do a suck and blow test on the check valve in the vacuum line to the booster.

yeah used the spacer and foam... i kept them in the same order as I took them off. The little rubber boot that goes over the plunger was not in the best of shape I suspect there is some air leaking around there when you push the pedal...I am jst trying to decide if it is actually effecting the function of the booster...I have always thought that if your booster was not working right or failing that the pedal would get harder, (like non power brakes). Worst case I'll just get a new booster.