Instrument cluster - possible anomoly

Eagle

Does anyone have a photo of the speedometer of a '91 or '92 Comanche or Cherokee? Ideally from a base model, with idiot lights, but any '91 or '92 is better than nothing.

Looking at some photos of a truck for sale near me that someone's interested in buying and I have some questions.

One of the questions: The speedo shows exceptionally low mileage for a beat-looking '92. The numbers on the odometer do not line up straight across (horizontally). In the old days of mechanical odometers, that was generally an indication that the speedometer had been turned back. Does anyone know if it's possible to turn back the odometer out of one of the electric-speedo clusters?

Eagle;

I have rebuilt/recalibrated all the cluster gauges, both for Renix and HO, for a long time and sold a lot of them w. no complaints. But I was completely stumped trying to roll back (or forward) the odos on the 91+ electronic speedos. They are in a tamper-proof cage, and I have managed to get the cage off w/o damage, but when trying to change the wheel lineups, I was not able to. After destroying two or three, I gave it up. I suppose it's doable, but not by me. :eek:

I do have pics, but will have to dig them up..........

EDIT: Here they are...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Hey hornbrod, I figured out how to roll back the electric odometer, but managed to damage the speedometer function (by pulling the needle out too far I think). It took some tinkering to get the odometer wheel correct but once you get the hang of it it's pretty easy. Maybe together we could build a working mileage-correct speedometer.

To the OP, I'll run out in a bit and get a picture of my stock cluster.