Power Windows

Weeellll.. I've done it this time!

I've been looking for a set of straight, rust free doors for a longg time.

I finally found a near perfect set off of a 1990 Cherokee. Only problem is that they are equipped with power windows where my Comanche is not.

Can anyone tell me how to wire them to work

I would but the the coil thingy that rolls the window up and down for the manual ones are toast... Ive yet to find a set that is in tact at a junkyard.... :headpop:

I would rather have the manual windows to be honest. Less electrical crap to fail in the future... Aside from that I'm not fond of the master control switch and the idea of having all the unused switches.

I would but the the coil thingy that rolls the window up and down for the manual ones are toast... Ive yet to find a set that is in tact at a junkyard.... :headpop:

I would rather have the manual windows to be honest. Less electrical crap to fail in the future... Aside from that I'm not fond of the master control switch and the idea of having all the unused switches.

if I'm not mistaken a 2 door xj switch would fit the hole the 4 door switch hole.

NO, hang on...I have done this conversion 3 times now, and its SUPER EASY!!!! I would actually prefer this over drilling out the rivets holding the window crap in place and re-installing them.

-Leave the power doors in tact and bolt them on.

-Get the ONE single wiring harness that goes from the drivers door, under the carpet to the passengers door and install it in the comanche

-On the drivers side, there are two power wires (one purple, the other red, if I remember correctly), both going to the fuse box. EVERY late 80's to at least 1990 MJ/XJ fuse box has the holes that these wires plug into; just pay attention to where they come out of on the donor fuse box and it will be a no-brainer. One is for the windows, the other is the locks. PLUG THEM IN. Install the relays/fuses, whatever came out of the donor. -----IF I remember correctly, you don't need to mess with a fuse for the locks, as it plugs in somewhere near the top left corner of the fuse box and it piggybacks off another fuse, like the stereo. The window wire plugs in a big hole near the bottom right, and a relay goes there somehow, possibly its a big silver one at the bottom of the fusebox...its been a while----- Plug the wiring harness into the doors. (I don't remember, but I think there may be a ground wire...no biggie, if so ground it) DONE. You now have power windows and locks. There will be an unused connector on the passengers side, that goes to the rear door of the xj, just flop it out of the way.

Really, its a simple setup. Power wires from the fuse box, to (and through) the drivers door, and go to the passengers door. Thats it. Just pretend all the other wires don't exist, they are really insignificant as many of them are for the rear door that doesn't exist. If something goes wrong, you replace the one wiring warness. Good luck

-James

Oh ya, and you can use the 4-door switch pod on the drivers door. The bottom two meant for the xj rear doors will just be there, dead. They don't effect anything...in fact I pulled the little chrome switch caps off as they just snap on, so I don't have to hunt for the right one when driving in the dark.

-James