s10 leaf spring lift?

Bought a set of buckets from a guy in austin, started talking to him and he said if i got a hold of some cheverolet s10 springs, cut the eyes off and use them as added leafs on my stock springs that should give me about 3-4 inches of lift, can anyone explain me the process, like what year springs to use, where do i add the leafs, how many leafs should i ad, etc.

any are there any other cheap ways of gaining 3in of lift in the rear?

S-10 leafs are a good way to lift up an XJ, but I doubt you'll get more than an inch on an MJ. stock XJ leafs are pretty flat, stock MJ leafs already have a ton of arch. So adding in S-10 leafs will raise up the XJ much more than an MJ.

aftermarket AAL. Used if possible. Long ones are preferable.

How are you lifting the front?

alright, i ordered some from rustys, i think they sent me some for an xj, so i was going to order some lift springs from Hells Creek, but if I can find a cheaper way that would be good

I got a RRO 6in lift, worst mistake ever but can't change it now, it came with 2.5in OME front springs which i put in, didnt seem to have much trouble

Have you installed the XJ ones? They'll ad lift, just not quite as much as they would on an XJ.

Can't go wrong with the HellsCreek option. :thumbsup: Do it right the first time or pay for it twice. :D

Have you installed the XJ ones? They'll ad lift, just not quite as much as they would on an XJ.

Can't go wrong with the HellsCreek option. :thumbsup: Do it right the first time or pay for it twice. :D

yea it made a little difference, but not much, thinking about jus ordering the springs, but i also have to order shocks, and i wanted to keep a budget, since I'm getting my trans worked on tomorrow, and have no idea how much thats going to cost, but its a jeep, so :dunno:

Which trans? If it's the 87-89 Peugeot, don't do it!

yea it is, i know :wall: , i hate it, but i can't find any good cheap ax15s around town, and all it is is the throw out bearing not working, tlaked to a buddy at oriellys and hes jus going to swap everything from my clutch kit with a new kit, and the guy working on it is really cheap so I'm doing it jus to get it to run, then once i have it running and driving around, then ill look into swaping an ax15