another quick question

ive been buying everything to re-do the brakes on my MJ (front and rear) and will be beginning this project within the next week. my master cylinder is posing some problems though. when you press the pedal it goes to the floor. i don't know why, and i need some help with this. what should i look for...and what do you suggest?

also, my 1990 XJ which is off the road has a perfectly good master cylinder, however it has ABS. i have heard that the XJ and the MJ master cylinder will be incompatable. i pulled off the covers and both said "Bendix 2229939" on the rubber bladder. is this a part number? is there a chance that they will be compatable? i know that the XJ has ABS, and I'm pretty sure that the MJ does not have ABS. can somone assist me with this...does the MJ have ABS?

thanks! :cheers:

If that part number is on the rubber bladder, then I'm betting that's the part number for the rubber bladder.

No MJ ever came with ABS (to the best of my knowledge).

The pedal going to the floor is not necessarily a bad master cylinder. It can also be air trapped in the lines or a crack in a line.

ok then that makes it a lot easier to know that the MJ does not have ABS. sofar i have bought new backing plates, brake drums, brake shoes, wheel cylinders, hardware kit, rotors, pads, and calipers. the brake lines on the MJ now are either snapped, have a bolt threaded into them, or held together with duct tape. I'm going to try to get my uncle to give me a hand with the brakes...becuase i don't feel 100% confident by myself.

thanks for the quick replies guys.