97 + Cherokee Intake

for what it's worth, hornbrod....I would not have thought to modify the stock brackets for the p/s pump. frankly, I'm glad I didn't. that looks like it was a headache to get just right.

No, was not worth it. But I wanted to try. Sounds like it's stroker time for you now. :thumbsup:

for what it's worth, hornbrod....I would not have thought to modify the stock brackets for the p/s pump. frankly, I'm glad I didn't. that looks like it was a headache to get just right.

No, was not worth it. But I wanted to try. Sounds like it's stroker time for you now. :thumbsup:

no, thanks. I had originally wanted to stroke an engine with a H.O. conversion...but I'm perfectly fine with it as is. it puts out more than enough power for my needs (mopar reman, under 6,500 miles on it with my driving and P.O's combined...bored .020 or .030 over, with this intake and the header...it's plenty strong). I do have a 2001 block though, that I picked up for free. and I can run over and pull a crank and rods out of a buddy's project (350 conversion) 89 YJ to do a poor man's stroker, or a nice proper setup with a shaved deck and whatever those expensive-arse pistons are to use the 4.0 rods.

either way, you and I both now that I need to get my act back together before I even consider doing anything more than basic maintenance and/or projects for which I already have the parts and will cost $0.

either way, you and I both now that I need to get my act back together before I even consider doing anything more than basic maintenance and/or projects for which I already have the parts and will cost $0.

Sounds good - get your sheite back together first. Good conversation. Over and out.