5.2L?

i seen a cherokee laredo mid 90's in town that as the 5.2 in it, never seen this before and never heard any one on here talk about having one or even putting one in.

Just curious, is the 318 not a good motor for the MJ?

If you saw it in a Cherokee (not a GRAND Cherokee), it was swapped in. The 5.2L (nor any V8) was ever offered in the Cherokee or Comanche.

it might of been a grand, but i 'm not sure, it had the 5.2L V8 emblem on the back, and it looked stock. it also sounded like a bigger motor than a 4.0 but you never know either.

I can see how sometimes the ZJ would get confused with an XJ, at who knows how far away, to someone who is not as educated on the models as many of us here are. It was most likely a ZJ, but if it was an XJ, you need to get us pictures, maybe stop the guy and be friendly talking to him about what he has, and how he did it. Maybe tell him you can get him a free membership to Comanche Club for helping us out with some details for his project! :yes:

its not generally used because it's really not a great piece and barely makes more power than the 4.0L

:dunno:

i'm not a chevy man but the 350 bolts in ALOT easier with aftermarket support, and makes ALOT more power.

plus 350 stuff is dirt cheap

I can see how sometimes the ZJ would get confused with an XJ, at who knows how far away, to someone who is not as educated on the models as many of us here are. It was most likely a ZJ, but if it was an XJ, you need to get us pictures, maybe stop the guy and be friendly talking to him about what he has, and how he did it. Maybe tell him you can get him a free membership to Comanche Club for helping us out with some details for his project! :yes:

Thanks, it is a ZJ, and the driver aint a guy, its girl, and good looking to 8)