gauge lights, front corner blinkers, tail lights not working

As the title says... none of these are working. My brake lights work.

There was a short time where my gauge lights would work only if my headlight knob was all the way over to the left. Now it's not, and that lead me to discover my tail lights.

This fuse doesn't light up when i test it ... INSP LPS (5) far right, top. All the other ones do.

I've checked the forum in the search box and i've done all the ideas i read. Fuses, grounds (driverside tail light) bulbs, checked the connection behind the driver side seat, checked the wire harness near the rear bumper....

Could this all be the headlight knob switch?

Any ideas just shoot them out there for me please.

1988 comanche Pioneer 2.5L 2wd.

Thanks, bryan

I have the same problem but no gauge lights at all. My brake lights didn't work when I got it. I sprayed the fuse box down (fuses out) with contact cleaner and now I have brake lights and hazards on the back. But nothing else. I'll be pulling my dash out tomorrow to try to figure it out.

Today i pulled out the fuses and cleaned them. Then i turned on my headlights and saw that the tail lights were on. I then turned my knob to see if my gauge lights worked and they didn't. Then i noticed my tail lights weren't on anymore. I then shut everything off and pulled the fuses again and then replaced them. Pulled out the knob and there were my tail lights again.

So, everytime i turn my headlight knob to the far left it must short out my tail lights. I'm thinking it must be a bad headlight switch. I'll keep you posted when i switch out my headlight switch.

As for my corner blinker lights.... no luck there yet.

So, everytime i turn my headlight knob to the far left it must short out my tail lights. I'm thinking it must be a bad headlight switch. I'll keep you posted when i switch out my headlight switch. As for my corner blinker lights.... no luck there yet.

Yes, for sure it sounds like a bad rheostat on the headlight switch. Sometimes if the rheostat is never turned (exercised) for years, deposits build up between the pot windings and the slider contact and it will only work in one position, and then not all the time. Pull the switch and check it for an obvious broken rheostat wire. If it looks okay douche it down well with contact cleaner and turn the pot back and forth to clean it all up. Then verify all connectivity thru the switch on the bench with your ohmeter before re-installing. The blinker light bulb sockets have a habit of going bad on our rigs, shorting internally. You can find replacements in the HELP! section of most auto parts chain stores; I believe it's the Ford sockets that work well.

I pulled my vinyl flooring up, checking for rust and whatnot, found a lot of whatnot, not a lot of rust :D . but now only one brake light works. sprayed it down with contact cleaner and it's still the same. :hmm: