My wipers dont work!!!!!

Ok so I just installed a new under the dash wiring harness and my wipers don't work......I'm not sure that the harness is causing the problem though.........

Just need some ideas or advise on how to pin point the problem and fix it.

also does the washer fluid pump need to be hooked up for the wipers to work??????

I just don't know where to start looking. so far I used my multi meter in the fuse box and jumbled the harness around the reading didnt change??????????

.HELP :dunno: thanks all :cheers:

Ok so I just installed a new under the dash wiring harness and my wipers don't work......I'm not sure that the harness is causing the problem though.........

also does the washer fluid pump need to be hooked up for the wipers to work??????

Mine works with out the washer pump in. Did you check the metal fuse on the bottom of the fuse box? Also check the black box for the intermittent wiper control - I think it sits on the lower dash valance with Velcro.

is that the harness I sent you? If so, something in my memory is telling me that I cut the wire connector for the wiper motor from the inside, past the connector, to get the engine harness out (figured out later that I didn't have to do that :doh: ) IIRC it was only two wires, black and white, that pass thru a seperate grommet in the firewall....lemme go out and look at my rig and see if I can't take a pic of the wires for you. You should only have to spice them back into the engine harness and it should work....I think. Sorry 'bout that :oops:

Back in a minute...........

Jeff

no, unfortunately after looking, that's not it. I was thinking of when I pulled my 2.5 harness out for the 4.0 swap....

So, like Rich said, check the relay box on the fuseblock and also the delay module. You can pull the module out of the wiring and connect the two pieces of wiring together directly. If they work then, you know the module is bad. It velcro-ed to the bottom of the steering column, black rectangular box with two ribbon-wire connectors on it, one on each side.

Jeff

Mine works with out the washer pump in. Did you check the metal fuse on the bottom of the fuse box? Also check the black box for the intermittent wiper control - I think it sits on the lower dash valance with Velcro.

metal fuse on the bottom of fuse box!!!!!!!

picture please

metal fuse on the bottom of fuse box!!!!!!!

picture please

Yeah, the aluminium looking thing at the bottom ->

thanks jeff.... and yea its that harness.........there are some questionable wires one which i found to be hot that had been cut ....... orange/black wire???? Donno hope i figure it out soon....

It's runnin', right? That's a good start :yes:

Like I said, whoever the PO was on the donor vehicle I pulled the harness out of in the junkyard had an aftermarket (Viper) alarm system boogered into the cab harness. I un-spliced it all back out and tried to pair up the original connections by wire color. There were 3 splices, mostly all large gauge (high draw circuit) ignition wiring.

Jeff

well, I never did look to see exactly what all fuses and relays were still plugged into the fuseblock before I sent it to ya LOL.....

sounds like that would be yer problem right there :yes:

Jeff

Ok found the metal fuse wipers work great now...... The only thing left is I need a good radio, bumper (rear), and a rear main seal. then its all cherry baby!!! jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

Feels so good to have the mj going again thanks for all the help guys.....

this site made it all possible :brows: :wavey: :wavey:

Ok found the metal fuse wipers work great now...... The only thing left is I need a good radio, bumper (rear), and a rear main seal. then its all cherry baby!!! jamminz.gifjamminz.gif

Feels so good to have the mj going again thanks for all the help guys.....

this site made it all possible :brows: :wavey: :wavey:

Nice!