Help with Water Problem!

Hey guys, I have an 88 comanche with the 2.5 in it and it normally runs like a champ, but every once in a while if it is Very humid out/rain Very hard she won't start, :fs1: it just cranks and cranks like it's not getting a spark or something. :wall: Any ideas what it could be? :dunno: It happened this morning, first time in a while, and it is raining hard right now, but once it is done raining I am going to dig into it and hopefully get it fixed. :hmm:

Replacing it may not solve the problem...it is not really a factor of "new" or "old" in some cases.

You probably would not want to seal the dist cap to the distributor, but you can test my theory by picking up a can of what is commonly called Contact cleaner at the auto parts store. This displaces water and evaporates (it usually contains a lot of ether). Next time the truck does this, pull the dist cap and give it a liberal dose...if it is condensation inside the cap it will be removed and the truck should start right up.

haha, if there is an arc and any contact cleaner in that cap. i wanna see that. sounds like moisture in the cap. they have a vent don't they? make sure the hose or breather is proper.

I agree, contact cleaner fumes and an arc :eek: I'd use WD40, that's what it was originaly used for, (W)ater (D)isplacement. :smart: