Oil filter adapter O-ring change.

After I did this fix my oil pressure reads almost 70 was working perfectly before I did this, now it just peg at 70 I tried unplugging the wire to the sensor to see what it does pegs the needle all the way forward, so no open wire or anything. Any idea's what might of happen? Gauges needle doesn't move at all just stays at 70? :dunno:

Went down to my local JY and picked up a sensor off a 4.0l XJ different body type but same plug and threads, turn on key goes to zero once it starts pegs needle all the way forward beyond the numbers into no man land and stay there.

I didn't want to tear down the oil adapter again to see if something wrong happened? but it must be that! it was working perfectly before this O-ring change I just don't see what could of happened? :dunno:

Does it stay at 70 after you drive around for awhile? My XJ does that but after a few minutes of driving it settles down to 40ish.

Sounds like you grabbed a sender from an idiot light cluster. That's exactly how they behave with a light sender and a gauge.

IIRC theres a small pin in the adapter housing that keeps everything lined up. this broke on my first comanche but i never ran it after it broke. maybe something like this happened to you and a passage is blocked? I'm not really sure what would happen if the housing wasnt lined up properly.

No the XJ has the full gauges just like mine, it just pegs the needle all the way forward doesn't do anything doesn't fluctuate with the rpm's. The original sensor just stay pegged at 70 doesn't move at all, just seem really strange it all started with the O-rings? something must of happen because it all right there I knew about the pin.:nuts: