The Plan: Winter Warrior, Summer Vacation

Ok I was going to post this in conjuction with my $400 XJ thread, but I know Pete like to try to keep all of this stuff here to help someone who might be watching.

Starting with:

1990 Jeep MJ, 4.0L Renix, AX15, NP231 115K LWB

Engine is Bad, Renix has to go.

Plan on Melting it in with my parts vehicle:

1993 Jeep XJ, 4.0L H.O., AX15, NP231 285K 3.5" RE SF lift.

The Plan is to make a truck that can serve as a personal plow in the winter, possibly doing a handful of driveways. Summer duties would include trail runs, and camping duty. The Factory 6.5' Jeep/Meyer 4 way Plow weighs 380 Lbs. I am going to swap the full harness from the '93 into the MJ, and keep the MJ's AX15 and 231. The axles are being sourced from a '96 XJ with a 2.5L and AX5. Also have a set of doors out of what I believe is a Renix era XJ with power and vent windows. I would like to get these working, but not set on it. Keeping the Vinyl Floor, and the cloth bench seat. Maybe aftermarket CD player. Will have Police radio for Firefighter use, CB, and possibly a PA/Siren. Will Definately have blue lights. Tire size I am planning on would be either 32-33" X 10.50-12.50". Cheap version of All terrains.

Drivetrain: 4.0L H.O. (sourcing out a lower milage one, don't want to rebuild), AX15, NP231. Dana 30 front, non disco. Chryco 8.25 Rear, 27 spline. 4.10 Gears. That is pretty much set in stone. Transfer Case drop. (no money for custom shafts)

Suspension(here's where it gets nutty):

Front:

RE superflex Upper and lower CA's (with tools and extra flex joints)

3.5" RE coil + 1.75 Spacer

RE sway bar disconnects

ZJ swaybar

Air shocks (to help with the weight of the plow in winter)

Rear:

SOA (I guess that really does it...)

So what do you guys think? Any flaws/things you would want to change? Money is a problem, I would like to have a running article by the end of summer at least.

Thanks, and I am sure I will come up with other things once this ball gets rolling. Just kinda wanted to see if anyone has a huge problem with what I am shooting for, so I can make changes accoringly.

Rob L.

Starting with:

1990 Jeep MJ, 4.0L Renix, AX15, NP231 115K LWB

Engine is Bad, Renix has to go.

Plan on Melting it in with my parts vehicle:

1993 Jeep XJ, 4.0L H.O., AX15, NP231 285K 3.5" RE SF lift.

Rob L.

I hope you're not melting it! :nuts: :chillin:

I support your ideas :thumbsup:

was gonna just start talkin to you about my 4.0 HO engine here, but it's got 194k on it (though it runs like it's brand spankin new)

geonovast has an engine with between 40 and 50 k on it....

was gonna just start talkin to you about my 4.0 HO engine here, but it's got 194k on it (though it runs like it's brand spankin new)

I don't even have the truck yet... stop tryin to sell my stuff before I even have it.. gawd.

I don't even have the truck yet... stop tryin to sell my stuff before I even have it.. gawd.

^^^ :rotf:

But seriously, want to sell that to me?

Jk :rotfl2:

Rob L.

^^^ :rotf:

But seriously, want to sell that to me?

Jk :rotfl2:

Rob L.

I gotta talk to my dad to see what he wants for it, but if you come help strip the truck then you could take it home with ya.