Dash Guage Cluster- 1986 MJ fit a 1992 cherokee wiring harne

Hello all, first post. New to me Comanche and really enjoying it.

I just got back from pick a part and located a cherokee that had door parts I needed. Needless to say I was getting everything and picked up a instrument panel that had guages for oil, water, RPM!s and a couple others. I chopped the wiring harness cable (incase it needed to be rewired a bit) with the cluster, but was unsure if it would work. So here is the question... Will the 1992 Cherokee instrument panel work with a 1986 Comanche?

Thanks

Nope. They work on completely different systems. You'll need one from an 84-90 XJ or 86-90 MJ. 84-86 are direct swaps, 87-90 will take a bit of swapping the speedo cable retention clips or something like that.

agree with Pete.

also, you really need one from the same year, same engine in order for the gauges to work properly.

otherwise, if you get one w/ a different engine or 87-90, you will have to adjust the tachometer pulse. that isn't hard...you just need to unscrew/screw in an adjustment screw inside the cluster on the tach gear. it's tedious though...requiring that you install and remove the assembly several times before it's correct.