Clunking from Johnny Joint track bar

I have a Currie Johnny Joint adjustable track bar in the truck now, its been in there for about a year. The past few days I have been hearing a noise when I hit bumps and steer. By having my dad bounce testing the truck I have determined it is coming out of the joint. What would be causing this? Do I need to get a new joint or can I fix my current one? I have greased it constantly and tomorrow I will try rotating the joint a little to see if that takes care of it.

Are you sure it's the joints and not the bolt going through it? Is this on the frame side? Does it use the stock frame bracket? If so it could be an elongated hole in your frame bracket.Common problem.

I pulled that track bar this afternoon. The bolt hole looks ok to the naked eye. Is there anyway to check to be sure of the problem? Is there any way to check the joint for play to see if that is the problem?

EDIT: Just went down and did a bounce check with the track bar removed and the noise is still there. That leads me to think that a ball joint could be going out. I checked for play by jacking it up and setting a pry bar under the wheels to try and see if there was any play but I saw none. any other ways to check the ball joints? Any other ideas on what else could be wrong.

Tonight I had someone bounce the truck while I felt all of the joints for play. I determined that the track bar is taken car of by being tightened. The ball joints are okay. The play is in one of the passenger side LCA johnny joints. So, although it is a different component, the same type of joint is causing the problem. I will deal with it when I have the time in a few weeks.

Tonight I had someone bounce the truck while I felt all of the joints for play. I determined that the track bar is taken car of by being tightened. The ball joints are okay. The play is in one of the passenger side LCA johnny joints. So, although it is a different component, the same type of joint is causing the problem. I will deal with it when I have the time in a few weeks.

GOOD JOB!!!!