IP Speaker Wiring Color Codes & OE wiring questions

I'm slowly adding options to my '87 MJ that were available from the factory but weren't installed on my truck when she went down the assembly line. None of them are essential but they're all the nice to have features. So far I've added the 3 spoke leather wrapped wheel, dash clock, under dash courtesy lights, dual tone horn, light on chime, & delay wipers. I finally came across an '88 XJ with the small in-dash speakers and want to put them in this weekend. The under dash wiring, however, is a bit confusing.

According to the factory wiring manual I should see a plug on each side, Green and black w/ yellow tracer for LH and White and black for RH. These don't exist but I did find 2 small pigtails (less than 1/2" diameter plugs) in the speaker location that are both purple w/orange tracer and black. According to the wiring manual these shouldn't be under the dash at all. The color codes, however, say they should be a 12V source tied to the ignition on position. Does anyone know what these might be?

Also I've read on the forum that adding a cluster with tach to an '87 4 cyl is impossible unless you find a 4 cyl with the tach, i.e. the 4.0L cluster won't work. Is this correct? And finally has anyone added the factory fog lights? The dash wiring looks like it's in place so I think I'd need the in-cab switch, the lights, and the harness splice that runs from behind the LH headlight to the fog lights. Correct?

That's a good theory. I looked through the wiring diagrams and didn't find a connector called out or a plug drawing for the vanity mirror. I dug into the dash a bit more and found the LH side actually has 2 plugs of these plugs wired in parallel. Both are disconnected and hanging under the dash.

I took the factory speakers out of my 89 when I changed doors and am jsut getting around to putting new speakers back in. The only plug i can find in the driver's side that looks like it could be right has 3 wires to it. Can this be right? 2 of the colors match the output wires at the stereo harness.

What color is the 3rd wire?? Can you post a pic? That might be a plug for the fog light connector, etc. The female factory wiring connector is located behind the kick panel on each side of the foot well and plugs into the door pigtail (male connector). The wiring for the pigtail is molded into the body grommet.

I ended up running fresh wiring from the stereo and to each of the 4 speakers (body and dash). As it turns out I had 2 bad connectors and one bad wire so there wasn't anything to save. It seems to work pretty well so far.