clutch switch

where is the clutch switch mounted. it is not located on the clutch pedal on my jeep. thats what i was told, but with the dash, fuse panel and wiring harness gone i can see the petal assembly REAL well.

the wires leading from the top of my ax-15 are from the upshift indicator switch. unless i'm wrong.

anybody.

i have a manual transmission so i don't have a neutral starting switch.

i have read four different wiring diagrams for the mj/xj, notice the mj is #1, without a answer. :ack: :wall: :headpop:

by the way the rewiring is going well. will post pics soon.

yea thats it. if you look in the great lakes 88mj electrical diagrams it shows one. its close to the stop light switch. but as you,i sure can't find one. if i don't, by the time i start the motor, and it starts, i will care less. but if it doesn't??????????? :ack:

yea thats it. if you look in the great lakes 88mj electrical diagrams it shows one. its close to the stop light switch. but as you,i sure can't find one. if i don't, by the time i start the motor, and it starts, i will care less. but if it doesn't??????????? :ack:

there is no clutch switch on any comanche or early cherokee, save for a cruise control cutoff switch on the 5 speed models.

that is likely the clutch switch you are seeing...and if you don't have cruise, you don't have it.