The pink wire

Ok fixed one short and stumbled upon or caused this one. I blew the 10amp Dome fuse. And when the key was on i poked both sides with the test light and one has normal power and the top side has very dim power and trips a relay, when the key is off its normal one with power one without. Its hooked up to the pink wire and runs alot of lights in the cab. But see when i poke the pink wire on the glove box switch and the relay trips and the light is dimly on. :dunno:

Also the clock has no memory when the key is off and starts out at 0:00. When i just took a break it was at 0:28 and will probly be the same when i go back. And when the key is just turned on you can faintly hear this high frequency whistle or something coming from the ECM. Whats goin on :help:

The clock actually runs on 2 fuses, if either is blown it won't work. I believe one is the dome and the other is the accessory. When I put in the under dash lights it started blowing one of the fuses, I had to use a 15 amp to keep it from blowing. If you have to do this don't go above a 15. Not sure if this helps you or not

one has normal power and the top side has very dim power and trips a relay, when the key is off its normal one with power one without.

Kind of confused at what you are saying here. It seems your saying you got voltage from two of the wires on the dome light. :dunno: If so, you have something flowing juice to a ground. The three wires on the dome are +12V, ground and switched ground(this comes from the door switches and when you turn your headlight knob)

If the switched ground has voltage on it, it could cause some of these problems.

You may want to check your door switches and headlight switch.

:cheers:

Kind of confused at what you are saying here. It seems your saying you got voltage from two of the wires on the dome light. :dunno: If so, you have something flowing juice to a ground. The three wires on the dome are +12V, ground and switched ground(this comes from the door switches and when you turn your headlight knob)

If the switched ground has voltage on it, it could cause some of these problems.

You may want to check your door switches and headlight switch.

:cheers:

Yeah thats kinda what I'm tryn to say. The top terminal has very little power which is not normal and is the short. The headlight switch was disconnected all day so that can't be defective. The door switches have been disconnected from the dome lights for years so i don't even know if they are good :dunno:

Maybe i should take off the fuse box, but thats alot of wires to mess with :ack: