Fuel Pump failing?

Hey guys the truck is having some problems. I was on a trip about 300kms from home and my truck started to stutter. I could accelerate very slowly fine but anything more than 1/8 throttle and it would stutter like crazy.

I thought it might be the fuel filter so I had that changed but it didn't work. After a while the problem got worse and the truck wouldn't want to go more than 40km/h cruising or 20km/h up even the slightest incline and would stall every so often.

I Think the fuel pump might be intermittently working but the problem now is that the truck's throttle will surge now too with my foot off the gas. Anyone have any ideas?

Yep it was the fuel pump thanks jamminz.gif

On a side note my truck was towed improperly a very far distance when the fuel pump was failing. It was towed from the front end with no tow dolly on the rear wheels so they were on the ground. The tranny (auto) was in N but the transfercase wasn't.

It was probably towed about 120kms (75 miles) at about 100km/h (62mph). I'm guessing there's a good chance I have some damage to my transmission and transfercase?

OW :eek:

That was not a good idea :no:

If the transfer case was set in Neutral, that would have been OK, but not with just the tranny set in neutral.

Well.......the AW4 is a good hard tranny, hope for the best that it's OK.