Renix Connector?

There is a group of wires coming from along side the drivers side valve cover, down underneath the truck. One group goes to the o2 sensor, one goes to the knock sensor, and there is a third connector, with 2 wires, and I can't see where it goes.

Anyone know what this is?

One is the O2 sensor, one is the knock sensor, and the last one is the coolant temperature sensor.

O2- on exhaust

knock- on block behind the engine mount by oil pan

Temp- on block under intake manifold

:cheers:

mfpdm is correct it is for the coolant temp sensor. It is locates right above the motor mount bracket. We just changed that sensor on my brothers 87 with 4.0 in it on Thursday. It is a pain to change we had to remove the power steering pump to do it.

Dave

Yep, the connector is indeed above the motor mount bracket. How could I forget about the CTS??!?!?!

Ive been trying to fight a nasty rough idle, and Ive just been digging for anything out of the norm, frayed wires, etc. Also Ive changed everything under the hood except the 4.0. Oh well.

Thanks for the CTS reminder. jamminz.gif

I've got to get both the temp and knock for mine. Broke one pulling the connector and the other pulling the engine. It will be easier for me seeing that the motor is out of the truck. :D

:cheers: