Not really a tech question, but... Flat Black paint?

My MJ's paint was in pretty bad shape, so we (Father and I) decided we'll just get a quick paint job (nothing super sonic) and clean it up. We (mostly me) are doing the sanding and some minor body work to it and we'll likely do our own primer to save money. I'll likely get the same color red but (since all of the paint places charge a ton for door jams and other nooks and crannies) we were thinking about possibly getting a flat black paint job.

I'm wondering, if anyone has experience with flat black cars, if its a pain to keep clean and decent or anything like that.

My MJ's paint was in pretty bad shape, so we (Father and I) decided we'll just get a quick paint job (nothing super sonic) and clean it up. We (mostly me) are doing the sanding and some minor body work to it and we'll likely do our own primer to save money. I'll likely get the same color red but (since all of the paint places charge a ton for door jams and other nooks and crannies) we were thinking about possibly getting a flat black paint job.

I'm wondering, if anyone has experience with flat black cars, if its a pain to keep clean and decent or anything like that.

Black will show all the dirt thats on it, even if it is flat, satin, or gloss. Red cost the most of any color. White is best for hiding dirt, scratches, and even dents. Black shows all.

And how are you doing your own primer?

i went with tremclad on my car. i didnt spray bomb it, for you never get an even looking coat, so i went out and bought a cheap gun ( around $90 ) and bought a can of paint and went at her. cost around $110 with gun and it turned out really good. could use another coat but it looks wicked as is from 10ft.

and about the clean issue, who cares its a jeep.