JCR 1 ton steering issue.

So, I'm installing the JCR UTK steering system and Have an issue. The tie rod hits the lower tracbar bolt long before I get to full right turn. I shaved about 1/2 the head off the bolt but, still hits. The tierod is new and straight. There is no for/aft adjustment. Anybody else running this and have issues? How'd you fix it?

Sounds like someone backed off your steering stops..... On my TJ it hit just a bit, on the MJ it clears fine. (I LOVE this setup and have it in all my wheeled jeeps)

Adjust the bolts out a bit to get clearance. the loss in turning radius will not hurt anything and your U joints in the axles will also live a bit longer....

CW

I have already backed out my stops so my tires(35's) don't rub. I really don't want to back them out anymore and lose even more turn radius. I may take it out and put a small bend in the tie rod end in a press.

I have already backed out my stops so my tires(35's) don't rub. I really don't want to back them out anymore and lose even more turn radius. I may take it out and put a small bend in the tie rod end in a press.

I really don't think your going to loose much turning radius. My TJ will turn around on a reg street with out jumping a curb and the MJ will do it with about a tires width on the curb on each side. The TJ has about a 95" WB and the MJ about 120". The TJ clears nicely and the MJ just touches at full lock.

Like I tell you, I have had these on for years, NO ISSUES!!!

Call them up and see what they tell you.... They are GREAT PEOPLE to deal with. Way back when they first came out with this product they had some issues with one part. I got a bad one, bent it good. I called them form the mountain!!! They shipped a part overnight to my hotel. I got it the following AM and was back on the trails just after lunch the following day. NO CHARGE!!!!!

CW

Yeah, I'm gonna give them a call tomorrow. They are closed on the weekends so, I have to wait. And patience isn't my greatest virtue :( :(

I will adjust the stops out some more. It acually looks to me like the right side tre has a slight bend in it. If it had the same bend in the other direction, I don't think it would rub. I'll see what they say.

Thanks CW.