track bar and sway bar

two questions- lifted jeep 3.5 inches need to adjust trackbar to work with lift since I will use this as a DD only can I just drill a new hole for adjustment. Also, swaybar is very rusted and pitted-is there any simple upgrades or shold I just get one from a cherokee. My comanche is a 91 with skid plate :banana:

Can't answer for you on the track bar, but on the sway bar you can get a ZJ V8 sway bar and upgrade for better handling, especially since it's your DD. Do a search for ZJ V8 sway bar, lots of info and recent threads on this.

**Edit, I just remembered there was a writeup in DIY from goblazers.... viewtopic.php?f=9&t=11980

:thumbsup:

You *CAN* drill a new hole in the axle bracket to relocate the track bar. I don't think it's a good idea. You only get one try -- mess up the hole or put it in the wrong place and you're finished. I highly recommend just buying an adjustable track bar.

You *CAN* drill a new hole in the axle bracket to relocate the track bar. I don't think it's a good idea. You only get one try -- mess up the hole or put it in the wrong place and you're finished. I highly recommend just buying an adjustable track bar.

:agree: And even if you get the hole right, it may or may not center up the axle because it's non-adjustable. Get an adjustable bar, the bushings are probably shot of your original anyhow.

The "Country" model XJs also used the same sway bar as the ZJ V8 bars. It's a good upgrade. Be sure to replace the bar and end link bushings too. :cheers: