starting then stalling or not starting at all

Ok jeeps down once again. Must be on her rag or something. Started her up this morning an then half way out the drive way she starts to idle real rough and then completely stalls out and then she won't start again. Just changed the TPS like 3-4 months ago, so i don't think it could be that.Thought it was mechanical, fuel pump or something. But come home to day and give it some gas to keep her alive and the check engine light was on. Did the on off check engine light thing and this is what i got.

This is all out of my Haynes book

14: MAP sensor voltage too high or low. Check MAP sensor and circuit. Replace sensor*. (I think this might be the culprit)

15: Vehicle Speed Sensor or circuit-No vehicle speed sensor signal by computer(some time the speedo don't read until i get going on the highway)

17: Engine running too cool- check thermostat for proper operation. Check coolant sensor and circuit. Replace coolant sensor* (got a 160 degree thermostat, lived in vegas so it got hot alot. need to replace CTS anyway)

Any thoughts? Thanks in advance.

Regardless of where you live...the 4.0L engine needs a 195 degree t-stat. Putting a lower temp stat in it does nothing but cause trouble as the t-stat does not help keep it cool, it's purpose is to make the engine heat up to the proper temp. The only thing the 160 stat will accomplish it to diminish your MPG.

Looks to me like you definitely need a new t-stat and possibly a new MAP & speed sensor. Has your speedo been working properly?

well hmm when i was wheeling in the vegas heat temp guage went over 220 at times, too hot for me. had no problems with the t stat, have had it in there for over a year. works fine, gets hot on idle when the air starts flowing through the radiator it cools it off.. The speedo doesnt read like once every few months, probly need one too. But my main concern is getting it to run. So I'm gonna go get a map sensor tomorrow.

Mine used to stall on me after about 5 minutes of warming up when i went wheeling down in pismo. After i threw in a new MAP sensor it ran fine for a while and started running crappy again and it turned otu to be the CPS. so if your CPS is fine check them MAP. Good Luck!

replaced the map with one off a 4banger cherokee. It works now, can't believe the map is made by GM. LOL when i get a new one I'm gonna scratch off the emblem on the back. But I'm gonna change the CTS anyway, just cuz i put it off.