Rear Axle Hard Brake Lines

Does anyone know where to get them? AKA I'm looking for a pre-bent set with the banjo's already on them.

Do any local auto parts store (Napa, AutoZone, etc) carry them? I'd make them myself but I don't have the time as I'm trying to get an axle swap done prior to Friday so I can go wheeling this weekend...

i know advance auto carries them in all sorts of lengths with the ends on them and the ends crimped appropriately. but take your time and make sure you look at the labels on each one. you want the correct diameter as well as the correctly flared ends.

Banjo? The rear lines don't have any banjos. Both ends have conventional flare fittings. The inboard end screws into the junction block on the axle, the outboard end screws into the wheel cylinder.

There are two companies that advertise in the off-road magazines that sell pre-bent tube sets. One is (from memory) Classic Tubing. I don't recall the name of the other one. The claim to have patterns for just about anything, but I ordered two sets of rear axle tubes (brake lines, not axle tubes) for an MJ D44 from one of them (I don't recall which). They assured me they had the pattern ... and what arrived several days later wasn't even close. I suspect it might have been for a full-size J20 pickup. In any event, I had to ship those back, along with my rusty lines off the D44 so they could match them up. They did pretty well on the second try.

There is no banjo where the brake line goes into the drum. The Line just screws into the wheel cylinder with a normal flaree fitting. This is assuming you have rear drums and not a disc conversion. If you have a rear with discs then you may have banjo fittings, but you havent specified weather or not this is the case. I have never seen a drum rear brake setup that uses a banjo fitting. There is a bolt there that the wheel cylinder bolts to the backing plate if that is what you are thinking is the banjo bolt. if you could give us more info on what you really have it would help us out to help you out! :thumbsup: