New Comanche Owner

Hello,

Been looking for a Comanche for years and I finally found one. :D

The good news....

It's a 92 Eliminator 4x4. Only $300.00

644bef0a771e31.jpg

The bad news.....

It doesn't run. :cry:

Bought it last Thursday and have been surfing this site ever since. Great place with great info ( I already ordered new rockers from Sherman).

Ward

Jp - nice find :clapping:

Good luck with you project, hope your not running is only a minor problem, like bad wires. or CPS for an easy fix, but then again, it is a Jeep.

And you will be :driving: that comanche.gif Soon.

• 3 weeks later...

Little more history on the Jeep. The guy that I bought it from said that he got it not running from a guy that said he was just trying to tune it up hence it didn't have any plugs or wires in it. Now the guy I bought it from said his plan was to put a 350 in it so he never put the plugs and wires back on and said it would probably run if I just did that.

Now I'm not naive and figured that something else was wrong with it. judging by where I found mud I was guessing that he used it as a submarine but I gave the guy the benifit of the doubt

So, I put the plugs and wires on and low and behold the engine doesn't spin.

Well I finally had time to get underneath it.

Took the fly wheel cover off to try and spin the engine that way and found all of the fly wheel bolts loose. Tightened them and got it to spin once before it locked up again. Next I took the belt off and found the alternater is frozen. Was able to spin the engine freely now and this is where it went downhill. As the engine spun I could hear something hitting the inside of the oilpan and noticed about a gallon of water spit out of a hole in the oil filter. :roll:

Just call it the Nautilus.

Next step is to drop the oilpan and see who is knocking to get out.

So far it have been a good learning experience on vehicle repair.

NICE FIND :D you know they only made about 900+ of those in 92 and few where 4x4.

so you scored pretty weel even if it doesnt run, Oh and it sounds like someone was definatly useing the ole MJ as a sub, Might have hydro locked it and snapped a rod.

Good luck on it and keep us posted :D