My XJ build(4.0 renix computer with a 4.0 HO motor)+lift

Here is my new XJ build (havent named it Yet)

Well here it goes…

I got a 90 XJ for a great price from A local guy its a 4.0, AW4, 231J, Power windows and doors, CRUISE, AC, and also nice body and real nice interior other than being dirty and full set of skids (gas tank Transfer case and front). I started out thinking it had a blown head gasket but had an idea it could be more. I pulled the head to find no blown head gasket but instead the number 1 piston was missing some of the front. Sooo with this find I needed a motor so a week of searching I found one in NC with 150000 miles on it but in amazing shape internally for a great deal. The only problem was it was HO from a 97. I did some research and with guidance from the guy I bought it from I have almost completely installed the HO motor with renix computer intact. I swapped the following from the renix for those that need to do this or want to. I kept the CPS from it and swapped all sensors over minus the knock sensor so far(trying to delete it if it will work), the renix header, the distributor and the brackets for the renix alternator because I want to stay with a renix alternator so the plug still worked with it. Moving on I did a open radiator and deleted the tangled mess of heater lines. I also needed a HO era throttle cable and was gonna need the tranny kickdown but it adjusted to work with some rerouting. The TPS is a whole nother can of works with a makeshift bracket I made (You can buy one for some crazy cash) cause I love metal fabrication. The last thing to keep in mind is the renix fuel system uses a fuel return line and a vac. Actuated pressure regulator and with this in mind I made the renix fuel rail fit the HO intake. I will have to get final pics the bracket and arm I made to get it to work and post them. Below are some pics I have so far.

Next on the list is Vac lines ran, Double check the sensors and wire, Rewire the CPS(was done before but not with good wire that was oil resistant), Change out the fuel pump, tighten motor mounts, run spark plug wires, bolt the splash shield thing to the bottom of the bellhousing, bolt exhaust to header, plug EGR (deleted) hole in header, run new heater lines and hook up radiator. There are a few more things I can't think of but most importantly I want to crank it before I start phase 2 which is a 4.5” lift and lowering the MJ back to almost stock cause its not gonna be my wheeler and I'm stilling the front lift and axles and tires from it for this. Timeline this build will be completely done including lift by the 22nd if all goes well so a 3 week build with a 6 day of no work break in their total isn’t to bad.

Cole

The motor came to life today but I am having some fuel trouble. I don't think I'm getting the pressure i need but i am going to do some buttoning up tomorrow and maybe do the rear lift or at least prep for lift. Hopefully after 2 days of troubleshooting i will have some luck tomorrow. I also changed my first CPS and it was alot easier then i have read. Ill try to get some pics up tomorrow night.

Cole

great progress. Glad to hear the engine swap is going well. Your throttle cable should be at your door today if you haven't already gotten it.

Oh, and the problem i was having with my 99 when you were here...its gone now. Are you like some kind of Jeep whisperer or something???