Fuel gauge ??

I just did a gauge cluster swap on my '88 Comanche. The original cluster had gauges, not idiot lights. Just didn't have a tach. I got a cluster from an '87 Cherokee with gauges and a tach. Eveything works fine except the fuel gauge. The replacement gauge reads 1/2 tank when I fill it up. My question is: do the XJ's and MJ's use different gauges? Thanks.

Do the sending units interchange? I have a parts Chero. here that I can pull one from.
No...unfortunatley not. The gas tanks are different and an XJ sender will not work in an MJ.

Like I said though, I am not sure that it has anything to do with it so let's wait a little bit as I am sure on of the guys on here has experienced this.

I just did a gauge cluster swap on my '88 Comanche. The original cluster had gauges, not idiot lights. Just didn't have a tach. I got a cluster from an '87 Cherokee with gauges and a tach. Eveything works fine except the fuel gauge. The replacement gauge reads 1/2 tank when I fill it up. My question is: do the XJ's and MJ's use different gauges? Thanks.

If the big fuel gauge worked correctly in the original "midline" cluster (no tach), it should also work just fine in the full gauge cluster. Suspect you have a bad fuel gauge. I don't have any spare fuel gauges for the Renix years at this time, just for 1991 HOs and up.