4 wheel drive linkage

My son-in-law just bought his first MJ....87 short bed, 4.0 4x4 5 speed. I'm assuming that it is an AX-5. Problem is, the linkage from the 4 wheel drive lever to the transfer case is missing, so no 4 wheel drive. Can anyone send me a photo of this linkage so we can make one?

Making it might be tough. It's an overly complicated rotating assembly. It's hard to describe. But any MJ or XJ with the NP-231 t-case (meaning there's no full-time option) will be able to donate their parts. :thumbsup: Look into pullapart.com and see how close the nearest location is to you. I know there's one in Norcross and one n Lithonia. Cool junkyards. Worth the trip just to walk around. :D

Also, Your truck would have received the BA-10 Peugeot transmission from the factory. Though it's possible that someone swapped in an AX-15 after the Peugeot went belly-up. The AX-5 and AX-15 look very similar, but the AX-5 won't bolt- to the 4.0L.

Making it might be tough. It's an overly complicated rotating assembly. It's hard to describe.

It's an unholy maze of levers and rods and plastic bits assembled by Satan himself.

Mine is a pile of rusted crap that I'm looking to replace. Check out the Novak linkage, it looks like a sweet piece but the price is too dear for me at the moment. If you have the necessary skills you might be able to figure out something yourself for a fraction of the price.

sk2x_v2_assembled_view.jpg