How's that go again? Parking Brake under dash.

Starting to put my project truck together and found a couple of rods that I labeled 'Parking brake reinforcement rods'. So I'm guessing that they go from the bolts holding the brake assembly on to somewhere else. Where? Anybody willing to help me out here? Even if it's only 'long rod goes to the upper right bolt, short rod goes to upper left' that's more than I remember.

If they are black solid steel rods with almost 90 degree bends on one end, then they go to the left side steering column mounting stud. One goes from the column to the e-brake area, the other from the column to the firewall area near the fuse box. They really have nothing to do with the e-brake mechanism.

I found one of my disassembly pics showing part of one rod attached to the upper right ebrake bolt. Probably why I labeled them that way.

But, I think that's enough information to get them back in the right place, thanks.

Like I've said before............

Anytime you want to "borrow" a complete MJ to figure out where all the parts go back togetter

..............just ask :teehee:

And aemsee is correct, there steering column supports that go to the left side, above the parking brake assembly.

Oh.......and if you end up with a box of extra parts........then you did good on the re-assemble :thumbsup:

Very tempting but I don't know where I'd put it. :rotf: And there already are extra parts too. :D

Anyways, both flat ends of the rods go to the left steering column bolt, the long rod goes to the upper right parking brake bolt, the short rod goes to the highest bolt hole on the door sill (I think).