97 up door question

can i swap the stock MJ latches so i won't have to put in the newer striker? only problem i forsee is the rods for the later model inside door handle. the hole in the door looks to be the same(were the strikers hit). just a thought b4 i cut into my MJ(not like not scared HA). just curious to.

Has anyone come up with a fix for the glove box issue? I am planning on this swap but this may be a deal breaker

You can either open the passenger door everytime you desire total access to the glovebox or replace the entire MJ dashboard assembly with an XJ 97+ dashboard assembly. Some forumers here are actually replacing their entire MJ interiors with XJ 97+ interiors...must be an electrical harness nightmare! More power to them I suppose...

V/R

:cheers:

Paul

The glovebox thing is only an issue if you have power windows and locks. If you have manual windows and locks, the door panels are different and the glovebox will open all the way.

But still, it's not that big of a deal. The glovebox opens enough that you can reach in and grab something while driving.

.................Some forumers here are actually replacing their entire MJ interiors with XJ 97+ interiors...must be an electrical harness nightmare! More power to them I suppose...

Actually its just a matter of being able to turn screws and unplug plugs. Then replug plugs and turn screws the other way.

.................Some forumers here are actually replacing their entire MJ interiors with XJ 97+ interiors...must be an electrical harness nightmare! More power to them I suppose...

Actually its just a matter of being able to turn screws and unplug plugs. Then replug plugs and turn screws the other way.

I saw one MJ have this done to it, but darned if I remember where. If anyone has a link, writeup, or pics please post.