Rear Lift Queation

Right now I am wanting to lift my MJ 2" for cheap and use parts that I can reuse when I do a SOA and go for 5-6.5"

My plan is a 2" spacer up front so I can go with Rusty's 4.5" coils later to get what I want (of couse LCA, Track bar, ect will be upgraded then).

But what do I do out back? a SOA will give me the extra 4.5 to match the coils later. What do I do now to get 2" that I can reuse then? My XJ I would have just used a 2" lift shackle or a block.

Well...to start with... STAY AWAY from Rusty's. They are like the plague around here...no one likes them because of issues with quality and poor customer service.

OK...now...if you lift the front 2", you will only need about 1" max to be level. The easiest thing to do there is to get another main leaf, cut the eyes off and install it in your spring pack just under the main leaf.

If you go SOA, the rear will lift between 5" & 6" so you will need 6.5" coils to match that as well as long arms etc, etc...

The easiest thing to do there is to get another main leaf, cut the eyes off and install it in your spring pack just under the main leaf.

:hmm: so if you do the leaf spring, what will the ride be like? how does it effect the load capacity?

also, is it a good idea to level the truck instead of keeping the rear a little higher if you do haul alot? just curious, i think i'm going to make some changes come spring. :ack:

I didn't know about the Rancho spring, but I'll remember that for future reference.

Having the back higher has nothing to do with hauling. Yes...if it's level, then the back will be a little lower when you havea load in it, but that means nothing as far as the load carrying ability of the truck goes. The only consideration with the back being higher is if it bothers you to see the back lower when hauling. personally, I like to see a level truck and I don't mind if the back is lower when hauling as that is only temporary ;) . The first thing I have done to every truck I have ever had is find a way to level it...I just can't stand to see them with the nose pointing down :shake: :dunno: :yes:

The Rancho is not a true "full" length AAL in an MJ, since the same kit also fits the XJ. It is pretty much a full-length in an XJ. It gives about 2-1/2" in an XJ and an inch less in an MJ.

The kit comes with new center pins and a couple of rebound clips. (Not enough -- you can get additional rebound clips from Husky Spring www.huskyspring.com )

Back in 2001 when I had my XJ Rusty's and his stuff wasn't bad, but I've been out of the loop. Thanx for the warning.

With only 2" lift I won't have to get new shocks... Only 1" to level, so would 1.75/2" XJ shackles work to give me a level ride?