ford radius arms

I'm not sure I'll ever understand the desire to extend the arms. Stock ones are quite long already. :hmm: I don't even run heims, just the factory Ford bayonets with poly bushings (and Ford van brackets on the truck). The biggest restriction to flex I've encountered has been the poly C-bushings. They sucked. I went back to the 30 year old rubber bushings and I can max out my shocks and fenders. The front now compliments the rear flex and the truck is very balanced. :D

I can't find the site at the moment, but there was a place that sold what amounted to 1/4 wall 1.5 tubing with a johnny joint on the end. Basically you screwed it on the bayonet and then welded it to the arm. As pointed out.. you could make one cheaper though.

Pete to me the point of extending them would be so You caould build one x-member with the mounts and for the trans.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. :thumbsup: Of course, that's probably because I lacked the means to build a complicated mount. Everything I did in that buildup was geared towards simplicity. My crossmembers are both just a U-channel made from 1/4" steel.

Hmmm. Hadn't thought of that. :thumbsup: Of course, that's probably because I lacked the means to build a complicated mount. Everything I did in that buildup was geared towards simplicity. My crossmembers are both just a U-channel made from 1/4" steel.

Not really complicated.. You just use the 4 bolt holes on the bottom, plus the additional holes for the x member.. then maybe a 2 or 3 frame sleeves. All could be done with 31/2x31/2 x 3/16 angle for the side and some 1x4x1/4 C channel.